Telefónica becomes the leading digital telecommunication company
The digitalization changes consumer behavior and challenges brands constantly. Well-established marketing activities need to be called into question, radically new value propositions have to be added to current business logics.
Of course, this development does not shy away from Telefónica: Besides optimizing the o2 platform, real-time analytics and growing own organic traffic are the focus of our work.
Since 2009, we support the E-Plus Group and the Telefónica AG on their way to the digital market leadership with strategic and operative work.
Relevance analysis – A disruptive approach to identify organic traffic potentials
The bad news: Reaching users with classical online marketing activities has become a difficult task over the last years. The good news: Relevant content works remarkably better. To identify suitable content, we developed the relevance analysis which uses brand-, product- and market-related keywords to find correlating keyword clusters.
- Identification of 65,000 most relevant keywords from 10 topic clusters with an additional search volume of 11 million which results in an additional remarkable traffic potential each month
- The surprising outcome: Topics like fitness or health – not at all typical subjects for a brand like Telefónica – have the highest traffic potential
Content as an enabler for additional organic reach and data
Content Marketing Best Case: Together with our partner Sinnerschrader we developed CURVED, the magazine for the generation touch, and #youcando, the o2 blog that is so much more than a blog. Both platforms are maintained and operated by an independent editiorial staff consisting of digital experts and serve highly relevant and interesting content to almost five million users interested in digital mobile lifestyle. With both platforms, Telefónica is now a very popular advisor and trendsetter.
- Curved – from zero to hero: 100 days from the first idea until go-live, 100 days from 0 to a million visits per month
- Today: Two platforms with more than four million monthly visitors as a cross-industry best case
- Live data for CURVED from SimilarWeb
Based on a multi layer strategy specifically designed for Telefónica by our SEO taskforce, we were able to utilize unused SEO potential straight away and discover new organic traffic potential above average equivalent to a eight-digit media spending.
- Identification of lost media equivalent of several million Euros
- Increasing organic search traffic by 800,000 visits / month
- Verifiable revenue increase at an above-average conversion rate
On-site / conversion optimization
Optimizing the e-commerce funnel and improving the digital self service opportunities helped Telefónica discover unused potentials and increase the conversion considerably.
- More than a 50% performance improvement with customer acquisition
- More than a 10% increase of the checkout conversion rate
- Nearly twice as much online contract renewals than before
This is a parallax text block. Click the edit button to change this text.
Analytics is the basis for the whole customer journey. In order to act in real-time and give the whole organization access to individually relevant data, we developed and established the Digital Command Center at Telefónica’s Munich and Düsseldorf locations.
- Real-time context sensitivity for offers and content
- Real-time performance tracking and resource optimization of marketing activities