A corporate but open academy for top executives
The Digital Academy is a network for structured exchange of knowledge, experience, thought leadership, innovations and future trends to drive the digital transformation in Germany. Therefore, it was developed with the needs of industrial partners like Audi, BASF or Telefónica in mind. The framework was provided by the leading international business school in Germany, the Mannheim Business School.
Our role in this cross-border endeavor was the conceptual design and strategy, the brand and corporate identity, the partner acquisition as well as the development of the website and e-learning platform. Jürgen Rösger as founding father and Industry Director drives the development and evolution of the initative together with an ambitious team from academia, consultancy and industry since day one.
Thanks to the joint effort of all partners we had a very successful first course in November instructed by Prof. Dr. Martin Mocker from MIT and with Bernd Bäzner from Tesla as an industry speaker. The feedback was overwhelming and the next courses are already scheduled.
Conceptual design & partner acquisition
In 2015, Jürgen Rösger recognized the need for a unique learning and exchange environment to foster digital readiness and knowledge among Germany’s top executives. Together with Thorsten Dirks, former CEO of Telefónica, and Prof. Dr. Armin Heinzl, one of the founding fathers of the Mannheim Business School, we developed the conceptual design of the Academy and talked to other (potential) partners who loved the idea and joined quickly.
- Developing the concept and building the Digital Academy from scratch
- Winning over new partners like AUDI or BASF and creating a demand among big industry players for joining the Digital Academy
Shaping the Academy’s curriculum: A holistic view on the digital transformation
The Academy is all about giving top executives a holistic view of the digital transformation and a chance to exchange about challenges and chances outside of their corporate routine. Together with the Mannheim Business School, we analyzed the current market situation and developed an initial curriculum which covers basic fundamentals of the digital change as well as specialized topics like digital regulations from a legal point of view or technological innovations and their business impact.
- Market analysis of digital education concepts
- Curriculum planning based on current and future market needs
- Finding and recruiting renowned speakers both from industry and education
Giving the brand a heart and a soul
At the same time, the brand Digital Academy needed to become attractive for potential partners as well as corporate participants. Therefore, we fleshed out the brand in great detail and created not only a holistic communication strategy – offline and online – but were also responsible for the whole corporate identity and its visualization.
- Development of a modern and attractive brand identity, including claim and logo
- Development of a communication strategy for gaining publicity
- Design and logistic coordination of promotional products for initial courses
Creating a cutting-edge members only platform
Thanks to our exceptional network of freelancers, we topped off our work by creating a closed platform which is only available to Digital Academy participants, speakers and alumni. Besides providing course material and organizational information, the platform serves as a hub for the exchange of ideas and also brings unique content to the students and speakers.
- Design and implementation of the Digital Academy platform
- Design and implementation of an exclusive news bot
- Planning and creation of user-relevant content