Increase sales with the help of content
The majority of all preparations for buying a new car start online. Besides explicit searches for brands and models, use cases and specific demands (traveling with children, enough space for a golf trolley, navigation, etc.) become more and more important.
Just an example: Every month, users conduct three million searches for SUVs from AUDI or BMW. In contrast, there are 54 million searches for SUV-related topics. There are similar numbers for other segments of AUDI’s product range, e.g. predestinated company cars like the A4 or the A6 and its corresponding use cases.
This creates new requirements for automotive brands on the one hand, on the other hand, enormous potentials can be uncovered through a detailed relevance analysis of the aforementioned use case mechanics. This also means that automotive brands have to address users and potential buyers of a new car early on in the extended Digital Customer Journey to be visible at all – this can not be achieved with classic car content. The goal is to lead the consumers to a specific and individual solutions and offers page with relevant content.
Success with use cases
AUDI implemented this strategy for their luxury class models and wanted to find out which SUV-related topics are generally, currently or seasonally relevant.
The conceptual design as well as the content integration of AUDI’s offerings can thus be optimized efficiently and effectively for the currently most relevant topics.
IMG used its relevance analysis to identify relevant topics, evaluated these topics according to strategic and tactic importance and developed recommendations how these topics could be used to strengthen the brand.
- Data based identification of the most relevant topics
- Consolidation of these topics by a detailed, SEO-oriented deep dive
- Evaluation of these topics based on potential and necessary effort to position AUDI successfully
Evidence based content strategy
The analysis provided interesting insights which helped us developing a successful content strategy: Focusing on use cases spoke to a new target group who did not start their digital customer journey by searching for AUDI in the first place.
- Development of a content and offering structure model: Topical, editorial and with the focus on traffic and conversion from the technical side
- Organisation of the content production process: Mobility- and brand-oriented topics guarantee not only best credibility and visibility among AUDI’s thematical core segments, but allow AUDI to take advantage of new topics which are currently not claimed by automotive brands in order to develop eligible and convertable reach
- Conceptional design of a new content platform as well as the necessary editorial processes ready to be implemented in 2017